Enter your username and password here in order to log in on the website:
- 29 years old CF patient
- I am from Romania and I have a 29 years old son with CF, which was diagnosed late... when he was 24 (genetic mutation-milder form= G85E; R347P and test sweat = 110 ) In childhood he was diagnosed with a syndrome malabsorption . At age 12 he already hadsinusitis and nutrition problems, dry cough.. In Bucharest I consulted over the years, medical specialists: Otorhinolaryngology, nutrition , pulmonary, who have treated each disease on his specialty... In this moment he is under observation and treatment of a doctor specialist in CF from Bucharest with medical tests regularly at 3 months, and he takes proper medications ( Kreon, Pulmozyme,Seretide, gentamicin/ colistin in aerosols, vitamins, omeprazol) I wish to find another medical opinion (I know at this momment, no cure found in this disease, yet!) but I would like to find what treatment options currently exist in THERAPHY OF CF IN ADULTS Can you please advice me if there is any clinic or hospital specialiezed in the treatment of CF for adults especially, with good experts where my son can be checked .. in Europe or other places? I am looking forword for your answer,
- staphylococcus aureus
- What are your recommendations for the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus? In my country, staph is untreated If there are no significant symptoms. My son was diagnosed with staph, but it is not treated becouse he is a good general health with just a little cough, no fever, ... Thank in advance
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Is there a danger of getting Pseudomonas aeruginosa when treated staphylococcus aureus?
- R117H negative for 5T
- My husband and I are both carriers of identical strains. R117H negative for 5T. Are there any documented cases with this combination and what CF symptoms developed. Our son has both genes.
- 508 r117h T5
- My grandson has recently been diagnosed with CF. His details are 508 and r117h T5. Sweat test 47. What cf symptoms will develop? Also - what medication will be available in the near future which may address the symptoms? Thank You
- FIBROSIS QUISTICA
- TEACHER. MY GRANDDAUGHTER OF YW 1282X F508, heterozygous 16 MONTHS SHE IS WELL Clinically, BUT HIS FIRST GAVE EXUDATE PSEUDOMONAS. INTRAVENOUS TREATMENT IS IN. THE MUTATION??
- nueva medicacion
- hola en que instancia esta el lanzamiento de kalydeco para delf508 homocigota mutacion de clase 2 . y heterocigota del f508 y g1282 x m gracias jorge argentina
- Daughters CF test
- We recently received a "presumptive positive" result for our newborn daughter's CF test, with a result of "Heterozygous (R117H, 7T/7T)" and an IRT level of 52. Having read a little about this specific mutation, it seems possible that she might simply be a carrier, and may never show symptoms. Can you please clarify for me: what does Heterozygous (R117H, 7T/7T) indicate?
- R117H 7T/7T Heterozygous
- Hello - MY 2-week old daughter is Heterozygous R117H 7T/7T. What are her risks of having CF? IRT is low, and sweat test is coming next week. Thank you.
- My husband was recently diagnosed positive for one copy of the R117H mutation (R117H heterozygote, homozygous for 7T). He was negative for the 5T variant. We plan to have genetic counseling. What exactly does this mean for him and for us if we have children?