Enter your username and password here in order to log in on the website:
- Duct heating system?
- Does anyone know if this type of heating system is a threat to those with C.F.?
- hot tubs, jacuzzi, spa baths
- Could I get recent publications/research on the use of hot tubs etc for cf teenagers please?
- mal de ventre?
- CF diagnostics
- My 3 and half old son suffer of often breathing infects and long lasting cough.Usually dry cough time to time moist cough. Is possible to have CF when he went through a neonatal screening on CF in 2010 and chlorid swap test two years ago?. Both with negative results.our doctor advices to do chlorid test again. The result of the test was 20. Thanks
- CF in blood work but no symptoms
- About 12 years ago it was found that i had full blown CF according to my bloods but i've never had any symptoms - this was found as i was trying to do egg donation. I am now wondering if this is common or whether it is rare and somebody may be interested in it? Both my parents were then tested and found to be carriers obvioulsy. My brother has not been tested. Many thanks Valerie
- I've just come back from a routine clinic and the consultant wants to put my son (aged 6) on DNase daily for evermore. Do you have any feedback about this? Or still have the feature ask the expert? Apparently they use it in the USA and Europe from 6 or younger, and they feel that lung function is improved for the long-term. Obviously this is a huge decision for me, and I don't want to make a snap decision. My son's lung function is generally good, usually has half dozen courses of antibiotics annually, and has only been admitted for IVs once when he was 2. I hope you can advise accordingly on how evorn-cf feels about it.
- Aquagenic Wrinkling of Palms
- My daughter (5 y.o.; F508del/CFTR dele2,3) seems to have Aquagenic wrinkling of Palms. What does this condition mean? IS it somehow dangerous? Should it be treated?
- h pylori
- trying to get rid of this for a year on different meds from my doctor---always taking the breath test after and always positive----can u kindly advise? thanks
- extreme hand wrinkling
- Hello, I currently am experiencing extreme hand wrinkling within minutes in a bath tub or shower my hands are extremely wrinkled and burning or tingling. I do not have Cystic Fibrosis or diabetes...I do have JRA.. Does it have to relate to a disease?
- Abnormal sweat test
- My 6 year old has had complications from birth. At 6 weeks old he was hospitalized for an extended length in time for R.S.V. and has issues since then. He has had bronchitis a few times, croup, had two adenoid removal surgeries, a tonsillectomy, been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis, and is generally always sick. He coughs up lots of dark green and yellow phlegm, and has coughed up blood several times (which has been said to be due to the sinusitis). He also just has his nasal passages opened because the infection was to thick to drain on it's own. Meds don't clear it up.We recently started seeing a new doctor because his last doctor kept saying it was allergies and asthma and all of the medication he put him on wasn't working. The new doctor wanted to start over and rule out everything to try to get to the bottom of his illnesses and sent him for a sweat test. I received a phone call last week that his test results were abnormal (his sodium chloride level is a 53) and we are now being referred to a children's hospital for further testing. I was just wondering what the outcome of the second tests may be (are they usually similar to the first results?) and how likely it is that he would be diagnosed with cystic fibrosis or atypical cystic fibrosis. He is mildly salty when I kiss him and his bowel movements are sticky and tar like at times, and also strange colors (like bright blue, green or yellow). Thank you