Forgot your password?

Please enter your username or email address. Instructions for resetting the password will be immediately emailed to you.
Reset Password

Return to login form 

Please note: While some information will still be current in a year, other information may already be out of date in three months time. If you are in any doubt, please feel free to ask.

Moving to the USA

I am 30 years old, I am a School teacher and I would like to teach in the USA. I will be in the status of expatriates or I'll be sent for national education.
How will my health care be supported there?
What should I do for my care is fully supported?

Thank you in advance for your Response,

Here is a beautiful project that actually requires some advance preparation steps.
You're probably aware that health care in the U.S. is much more expensive than in France and there is no social security system. So you'll have to join a private insurance or be supported by your employer or by yourself. There is actually a French system for expatriates , but care reimbursement is based on the French prices, so if you do not purchase any additional insurance, it will remain an important part of your responsibility.

Dr Sophie Ravilly